Lets know about Skill India
Skill India campaign was launched by Prime minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi on July 15, 2015 on World Youth Day. The main Goal of this campaign is to Up skill or train over 40 crore Indian youth by 2022. This program is also called Kushal barath or Kaushal Barath.
Uk has entered into partnership with Government of India under skill India programme. Virtual and digital partnerships will be initiated under this programme at the school level to enable young minds of india to experience and inculcate the experience the school system of other country and develop understanding of the ideas, views, culture, traditions, social and family systems. An agreement to achieve mutual recognition of UK and indian qualifications was made.
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and Planning – Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) has achieved considerable results. The necessary need for skill development to adopt technology in the country and achieve women empowerment. This will enhance our youth to be become dynamic and become efficient as per Global Market. This is a good Initiative to enable Overseas labour Movement. This Programme aims at making India the Skill capital of World. To accomplish the mission of making India Skill Capital of the World; it has 7 submissions Initiated. They are :
- Institutional Training
- Overseas Employment
- Sustainable Livelihoods
- Leveraging Public Infrastructure
NSDC – National Skill Development Corporation
National skill Development Corporation under the guidance of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship has introduced an initiative which allows aspirant candidates to register for skill training/learning and employment opportunities through the online portal. Takshashila, the National Portal for Trainer and Assessors, is an initiative by NSDC under the skill India Mission. The Portal serves as a dedicated online platform for Management of Trainers and Assessors of the Indian Sill ecosystem, functioning as the central repository of information concerning developement of quality Training and Assessors.
- PMKVY Launched
- PMKK Set up
- Modernization of ITI’s
- Youth Engaged in Apprenticeship through NAPS
- Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana programme was also Launched to promote young budding entrepreneurs and self sustainability.
- To cater the increasing demand for drivers, MSDE also launched Driver Training institutes across the Nation.
- Four New ATI’s have been upgraded into India institute of skills modelled after ITE Singapore
- MSDE has successfully created Industry linkages through apprenticeship, CSR, partnerships in infrastructure and hiring. More than six Lakh apprentices have been engaged under NAPS.
- MSDE has conducted special skill development projects with Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force), CRPF Jawans etc.